Rasmussen & Kang is a criminal defense, and personal injury law firm that provides defense for clients against DUI’s, felony charges, drug related charges, and misdemeanor charges in Las Vegas. If you have been arrested, or injured schedule your free consult with one of our Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorneys.
Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorneys
At the law firm of Rasmussen & Kang, we represent clients from all over the U.S. and worldwide in criminal cases in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada. These include criminal charges such as casino marker default. We have an aggressive approach to criminal defense, and we have years of experience defending individuals in the Las Vegas court system.
Regardless of where you live, if you face criminal charges, you need a highly-skilled criminal defense lawyer to represent you. Our firm regularly defends clients at every level of the State and Federal courts in cases involving misdemeanor charges and serious felonies, such as financial crimes or violent crimes.
Being Arrested Does Not Equal Guilt
Being arrested in Las Vegas on a criminal charge does not mean guilt or a conviction. You are presumed innocent until you are proven guilty in a court of law. The District Attorney has the burden of proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a jury should find you guilty. Rasmussen & Kang wants to prevent this from happening to you.
As highly-skilled, experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys, we will aggressively seek to have the charges dismissed or reduced with minimal penalties. We always seek the best possible outcome for you. We know the prosecutors, judges, criminal court process and the Las Vegas police. This comprehensive knowledge of the system, along with a thorough analysis of the facts, can produce a winning defense strategy.
Nevada State and City Cases
Chris Rasmussen has successfully defended over a 1000 cases in Nevada Courts. Through and aggressive posture Rasmussen has been able to dismiss hundreds of cases quickly and has negotiated most felony cases to misdemeanor plea deals.
Recent State Court Victories
- State of Nevada vs. Garcia (2019)- Trafficking in Methamphetamine DISMISSED AFTER OFFICER TESTIMONY DURING PRELIMINARY HEARING
- City of Henderson v. Brato (2019)- Battery Domestic Violence DISMISSED AFTER NEGOTIATING THE FACTS AND EVIDENCE WITH PROSECUTOR
- State of Nevada vs. Hoffman (2019)- Battery Domestic Violence DISMISSED
- State of Nevada vs. Scordianos (2016)- Public Sex Act (High Roller Linq Sex Act Caught on Video) – DISMISSED Read More at ABC News
- State of Nevada vs. Lafave (2015)- Felony Theft (Rolex Hiding In Vagina)-DEALT TO MISDEMEANOR Read More in the Huffington Post
- City of Henderson vs. Natalia (2014) – Possession of Drugs- NOT GUILTY
- State of Nevada vs. Porras (2012) (Hells Angels Wedding Chapel Brawl)-MISTRIAL– Read more at the Las Vegas Review Journal “Judge Tosses Out Case Hells Angels In Wedding Chapel Brawl”.
- State of Nevada vs. Berry (2010) (Hells Angels Brawl at Union Hall) DISMISSED Order Dismissing
- City of North Las Vegas vs. Alexander (2007) Reckless Driving with Accident- DISMISSED AFTER APPEAL
- State of Nevada vs. David (2006) Felony Child Abuse- NOT GUILTY ALL COUNTS
- State of Nevada vs. Shariff (Nevada Stone Company) (2002) False Advertising- NOT GUILTY
- City of Las Vegas vs. Steven (Battery Constituting Domestic Violence (2002) – NOT GUILTY
Chris Rasmussen has handled six of the largest federal trials in Nevada history.
- United States v. Acosta et al. (Hells Angels Laughlin RICO CASE) -DISMISSED ALL COUNTS
- United States v. Kahre et al. NOT GUILTY See Verdict Form
- United States v. Robert Young et al. (Aryan Warriors RICO/VICAR Trial
- United States v. David Camez et al. (Carder.Su Credit Card RICO Trial
- United States v. Benzer et al. Read more in the Las Vegas Tribune
- United States v. Bundy et al. Read more in the Las Vegas Review-Journal
He successfully defended Robert Furman who was charged in a multi-million dollar tax evasion case. Furman was found not guilty of all charges after a prolonged four month trial.
Rasmussen successfully defended the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club in a federal RICO case in which the federal government if victorious would have been able to confiscated all of the Hells Angels famous trademarked artwork. The case facts involved a shoot out between the Hells Angels and the Mongols which created the largest crime scene ever analyzed by local police. After a year of pretrial litigation and a month of trial, Rasmussen and his fellow defense lawyers were able to resolve the case with Rasmussen’s client being dismissed from the case as a result of discovery violations by the ATF. See the Nevada Appeal‘s article “Laughlin Six allow Hells Angels to lay scratch out of court relatively unscathed” and The San Diego Tribune‘s “Jury in Las Vegas asked to doubt ‘snitches’ in Hells Angels case”.
Arizona Criminal Defense
Chris Rasmussen is licensed in the State of Arizona and has handled criminal cases throughout Arizona, but focuses on Mohave County Kingman Superior Court. This court serves as the court of jurisdiction for felonies that are charged out of Kingman, Bullhead, Fort Mohave, Lake Havasu, and the rest of the cities and towns located within Arizona’s largest county. It is common to see drug interdiction cases throughout interstate 40. Many clients are seemingly randomly stopped and searched traveling from California through Arizona to their destination. We have litigated Fourth Amendment search and seizure issues and have experience dealing with these police stops.
Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys
Rasmussen & Kang also represents clients in personal injury civil lawsuits, including wrongful death claims that arise from auto accidents in Nevada. If you have been injured in a vehicle accident, whether it is an automobile, motorcycle, or other vehicle, we can help you. We have a proven track record of securing financial compensation for our clients who sustained personal injury in an accident. While not every case results in awards in excess of one million dollars, we have successfully obtained such judgments for some of our clients. Our objective is to ensure that your rights are protected and you receive just compensation.
Chris Rasmussen multi-million dollar verdicts or settlement. As aggressive injury lawyers, Rasmussen & Kang have put millions of dollars in the pockets of their clients.
Call now to discuss your personal injury claim or criminal case in Las Vegas, Nevada. A free consultation is completely confidential. You may contact us at any time, and we look forward to determining how we can assist you.